Superintendent details current plans for students and families

School hallways will soon be empty of students

Dr. Alan Spicciati, School Superintendent of the Auburn School District, sent a letter to families via email that presented information about the reasons for the cancellation of all schools throughout the district.

Spicciati commented, “As you know, we are facing an unprecedented public health crisis.”

The letter also included the information that the district has “kept our schools open as long as possible, as recommended by state and local public health authorities.”

The letter detailed what this means for students:  The last day of school for students is today, March 13. Schools will remain closed from March 16- April 24.  Students will be told to “bring home some learning materials and all personal items.”

The superintendent went on to reassure parents and students that “educational resources” will be offered to help “students practice their skills and learn independently during the closure.”  What these resources will look like and how they will be communicated to students will be updated this coming week.

The letter also reassured parents that the district is finalizing plans to “provide meals to students starting Monday, March 16.”  and “provide resources for continued learning while schools are closed.”