2019 Fall Sports Overview

Alan Martinez, Co-Editor in Chief

Our Football team played eleven games this season, and won two important games, one being the Homecoming game against Kentridge High School, 28 to 14, and the other being the game against Kent Meridian to retain the Taylor trophy.  Junior Connor Howat has been playing football for five years and said the “best thing about my teammates is that I get to see them every day.”

Photo by: Keilani Martin

Photo by: Keilani Martin

The cheerleading team worked hard the fall season performing in every varsity football game and even at the school assemblies. Kasidy Love has been performing all four years of high school for the school. Love said the best thing about cheer is, “performing in front of the school and making difficult stunts look easy.”

Photo by: Keilani Martin

Girl’s Soccer has had an amazing season this year playing over fourteen games. Senior Jacklyn Smith has been playing all four years of high school and been on the varsity team since her freshman year. Smith’s favorite memory is Senior Night,  “seeing all three seniors’ families in the stands cheering us on.” She also like the fact that the team ended the game with a tie of  0-0 against Enumclaw High School.

Photo by: Isaiah Hoagland

The Volleyball Team has had an amazing season playing twelve games and winning six games. This year the Varsity Volleyball team has put in hard work to make it to leagues. The team made it to the league division but did not make it to state. Junior Louise Henson said the best thing about my teammates is that “we work as a team in hard situations and build each other up.”

Photo by: Keilani Martin

The Boy’s Water Polo played a total of sixteen games taking four victories home. Their first victory was the third season game against Enumclaw High School with a final score of seventeen to five. Senior Chance Nelson has been playing Water Polo for two years, Nelson’s favorite thing about his teammates is “how we all get along so well and always have fun and mess around with each other.”

Photo by: Keilani Martin

Boy’s Tennis played over fourteen games and won three tournaments. Boy’s Tennis’ first meet took place on September 10 against Thomas Jefferson High School. Senior Rhett has been playing tennis for two years. Rhett’s favorite memory is “the friendships I have made.”

Photo by: Keilani Martin

Girl’s Swim & Dive had seven games total and one All City meet. Girls Swim and Dive took one victory home against Todd Beamer High School with a score of 97-77. Senior Kailey Kwong’s favorite dive is a Reverse Somersault, Kwong’s favorite memory this season was  “sleeping in my car 30 minutes before practice.”

Photo by: Yearbook Staff

This season Boys Golf played Eleven games and had Four victories. Boys Golf biggest victory was against Todd Beamer High School with a score of 43-5. Sophomore Kaden Hasen has been playing Golf for two years, Hasen’s favorite memory was “going to Gold Mountain for Districts”

Photo by: Jackson Connor

The Girls Golf played Eleven games this season and took Four victories home. Girls Golf last game was on October 9 and played against Kent-Meridian Highschool with a final score of 27-24 Auburn girls taking the win. Senior Grace Mccreery favorite memory is “Senior night because I will always remember it.” Mccreery has been playing Golf all four years of high school

Photo by: Jackson Connor

Boys Cross Country had Eight meetings this season and had Three victories. This year Boys Cross Country participated in Nikes 13th Annual Twilight invitational. Senior Tim Rambo has been playing Three years for the school’s team. Rambo said what I like about the sport is “Connecting with other runners from other schools.”

Photo by: Thomas Kaup

The Girls Cross Country had Eight meetings and took Five victories home. The Girls Cross Country team also participated in Nikes 13th Annual Twilight invitational. Freshman Bailey Barker was a great addition to the Cross Country team this year, Barker’s favorite memory was “traveling with the team to Seaside Oregon, the bus rides were always so much fun.”

Photo by: Thomas Kaup