Drama Kicking off 2020!!

Amy McConnaughey, Staff

Auburn High Schools Troupe 17 is one of the oldest International Thespian Society troupes, and the oldest in the state of Washington. The year 2019 has seen big change for the hardworking thespians of drama club, and just this month, 2020’s board members have been chosen. Future President of the troupe will be Rebecca Jourden. Vice President will be Joul Freeborn, secretary will be Whitlee Cunningham, the 3 new PR’s will be Randy Lewis, Gillian Gnomes, and Ali Ostey. Jourden, who some may have seen as Princess Winnifred in this years musical “Once upon a Mattress” stated in an interview that she ran for president, because she has dedicated her life to theatre since 8th grade, and joining troupe 17 made her “happy, and a new person.” She also stated that she loves ” the kind, supportive, and loving people” in drama club, and that she plans to fully continue her acting career in the future. Secretary Cunningham, also known as Party in the ending show “Daughters” stated in her interview that she chose her position on the board, because she felt that it was a “good fit, and let her offer her strong opinion, and ideas.” Cunningham loves drama for it’s inclusiveness, and everyones ability to “just let go, and be happy”. Troupe 17 is on the right track, and Auburn High School is lucky to have them.

Amy McConnaughey
New Board 2020

Amy McConnaughey

Amy McConnaughey

Amy McConnaughey
Rebecca Jourden, and Whitlee Cunningham