Trojan Journalism

Guest Column: YOU are YOU.

Sara Tillia, Sophomore

If you ever feel like killing yourself because of who you are, Please; Don’t Do it. People don’t have the right to tell you who you are.

It doesn’t matter if your transgender, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual or all in one person. YOU are YOU. At AHS, YOU should be able to feel safe and secure no matter who you are. At school, I heard and saw other teens bullying other students just because of who they are and they think it’s ok to do so but I think it’s not.

According to Hrc.org, studies show that 41.8% of transgender or LGBT teens kill themselves because of their family rejecting them or because of bullying and harassment. Because of that, many teens feel unsafe here in this world. The bullying needs to stop here and now.

If you see any bullying going on here at Auburn High School, then please, don’t just stand there, Do something, stand up for them, Go get a teacher, anything that will stop the bullying.

We should be able to express ourselves despite our differences. We should be able to come here and embrace who we are but instead, bullies are making that difficult. Students here are getting picked on to the point where they don’t feel they belong and its all because bullies are telling other students that they can’t be themselves.

Guess what? They’re wrong. We can be ourselves.

I know for a fact that we can be a better school then this. You are you. You are a wonderful, unique, human being with lots of unique personalities. Don’t, and I repeat, Dont’t let people judge you for who you are. If people don’t accept you for who you are, then ignore them. The people that love you are the ones who will accept and love you for who you are. You are a uperstar no matter what you choose to be. You deserve to be you. It’s not your appearance that matters or defies you, But you heart and soul.

Risk of Suicide[ 1-800-273-8255] at National Suicide Prevention Lifeline.

Transgender in danger: The trans life: [877-565-8860]

1 Comment

One Response to “Guest Column: YOU are YOU.”

1. Dave Cox on May 3rd, 2019 11:08 am

The Auburn High School Theatre Department: Troupe 17 is doing two one act plays that deal, in part, with the subject of suicide. We will have resources available at the shows May 4th, 5th and May 10th and 11th for any one who may need support with this topic.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

The online student news site of Auburn High School
Guest Column: YOU are YOU.