Trojan Journalism

Amanda’s Photos

Back to Article
Back to Article

Amanda’s Photos

Amanda Pictures 002Photo By Amanda Pinard

Senior Amanda Pinard, a student who is enrolled in the Structured Learning Program (SLC program), has many daily jobs here at Auburn High School due to the SLC program, ranging from baking cookies for the DECA store, to helping in the nurse’s office.

One of Pinard’s jobs here at AHS is to take photos for school publications. Throughout the Homecoming spirit week at AHS, Pinard took pictures each day of students showing school spirit.

Pinard requires the use of a Dynavox, a form of assistive technology which helps her articulate sentences. The purpose of taking photos for journalism is not only to take the photos; with the main purpose being “to allow for Amanda to have opportunities to communicate with the school community,” said Kym Hales, the teacher in charge of the SLC program at AHS, as well as to “try and let Amanda communicate directly as opposed to being talked for” said Tina Severson, Amanda’s Paraeducator.

“If Amanda approaches you, please take a moment and wait for her to say hello, respond in kind, and wait for her to ask to take your picture. Remember to give Amanda a big smile” said Hales.

Amanda Pictures 029Amanda Pictures 001Amanda Pictures 003Amanda Pictures 007Amanda Pictures 008Amanda Pictures 009Amanda Pictures 010Amanda Pictures 011Amanda Pictures 012Amanda Pictures 013Amanda Pictures 014Amanda Pictures 017Amanda Pictures 018Amanda Pictures 019Amanda Pictures 020Amanda Pictures 021Amanda Pictures 022Amanda Pictures 023Amanda Pictures 024Amanda Pictures 025Amanda Pictures 026Amanda Pictures 027Amanda Pictures 031Amanda Pictures 032Amanda Pictures 035Amanda Pictures 036